Friday, September 15, 2006

On My Desk


We bought a huge hole punch to use on a project. It was so incredibly satisfying to punch big holes out of paper I went a bit nuts. I grabbed a dollar and punched the hole out of it. At first it was just funny but I kept the hollow dollar (and the small round portrait of George Washington), and it started to make me think about why I work, and my relationship to money.

I always tell myself, "when I'm 90 years old, I'm not going to regret not having a new pair of shoes; I will regret not being able to follow a dream (or even just a whim) because I wasted all my money on shoes." The "hollow dollar" helps keep me focused on the fact that it's not about the money -- If I'm not doing something I'll be excited about in 50 years, maybe it's not worth it?

2 Comments:

Blogger bad_demon said...

What was the project? Was I working on it? What happened to the giant punc hole? Do you know that in my office we have giant scissors?

1:14 PM  
Blogger h said...

hey-- you can borrow the punch any time! Also, you never told me about your demon blog. Dood!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home